The first question everyone asks about chiropractic during pregnancy is “How safe is it?”
We’re happy to let you know that not only is it incredibly safe, but effective, gentle, and best of all-completely natural. Pregnancy and infant adjustments are drastically different from general adjustments.
A chiropractor Certified by the Academy of the College of Chiropractic Pediatrics (CACCP) is specially trained in Webster Technique and has hundreds of hours of post-graduate training in the care for infants and pregnant women. The purpose of Webster Technique is to optimize the function of the spine and pelvis so you and your baby can have an optimal pregnancy experience.
We understand you want the best for your baby, and may think there is a risk to the baby. There is never any risk to the baby during a chiropractic visit. We can confidently say that the only risk is to NOT be checked by a chiropractor during pregnancy.
In fact many women choose chiropractic for the first time when they are pregnant, because we are the best drug-free option to correct many health problems and reduce stress for the mother and the baby.
As with any practice member we will discuss your medical history, including any past pregnancies, and what goals you have for this one.
If it is your first visit or exam, your posture screen will include measurements specific during pregnancy. We will also perform our usual HRV, EMG and Thermal scans. Our scans have only sensors. There is no radiation or electricity or any other invasive scanning used in our office. We will then provide a video report of findings.
Your baby is completely safe. There is nothing strenuous about the treatment; he will only do what you’re comfortable with. Adjustments are usually done every two weeks unless there are issues that need to be corrected.
Our moms tell us that they are more comfortable during pregnancy when under a chiropractor’s care. Keeping the mom in alignment allows the best possible natural function in the body. This helps mom, and when mom is happy, everybody is happy.
- Improves Pelvic Balance – Webster Technique gently addresses pelvic alignment as well as related tension in the ligaments that hold the uterus, bringing balance to the body.
- Comfortable Pregnancy – Aligning the mom’s joints and spine reduces pain during pregnancy
- Reduces lower back pain – Correcting the posture of the spine as the baby grows prevents discomfort. Other benefits can be relief from headaches, back, chest and neck pain, sciatica and tight hip muscles.
- Helps ease stress – Compressed nerves or misaligned vertebrae can cause emotional and physical stress. Adjustments correct the cause of problems and provide relaxing relief.
- Helps with recovery after birth – Studies show that regular adjustments prior to delivery, help the body to recover faster. Proper alignment stimulates the nervous system helping it stay functional, balanced and healthy.
If you’re interested in learning more, we’d love to speak with you. Please contact us today, we want you to help you experience the best possible pregnancy. There’s no need to fear; you and your baby are in the best hands.